One-hundred days from today – on Sunday, September 8 – the Seahawks will kickoff the 2013 regular season against the Carolina Panthers at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, N.C.
As our Insider Clare Farnsworth outlined earlier, 2013 is a season of heightened expectations for this Seattle ball club. The overwhelming message we gathered from Farnsworth’s feature is that the Seahawks players and coaching staff are handling each of these final 100 days to kickoff just like they’ve handled the previous 100 – one at a time.
So, we’re going to take it one day at a time along with them.
Every Friday, from now until the regular season begins, we’ll outline all the happenings of the week to come. And not just what’s happening with the team (though that will take priority), but we’ll use this space to keep you up to date on what’s going on around the Seahawks community as well. From player appearances to charity events and from fan activities to friendly holiday reminders (Fathers Day is rapidly approaching – June 16, to be exact – you’re welcome) we’ll have it for you here.
Hopefully, this will help us all cope with life without football, as together we inch closer and closer to answer the often-uttered question: Is it football season yet?
Without further ado, here’s a look at the what’s going on next week, June 3-7, with your Seattle Seahawks:
Monday, June 3:
- After taking the weekend off, the team continues with Phase 3 of their Offseason Program, moving forward with the seventh of 10 Organized Team Activities (OTAs). This OTA session is open to the media, so expect plenty of coverage from us and the rest of our colleagues around the Pacific Northwest.
Tuesday, June 4:
- The eighth of 10 OTAs takes place at Virginia Mason Athletic Center. This session is closed to the media, but our staff will be around to deliver plenty of offseason goodness your way here on Seahawks.com.
Wednesday, June 5:
- The ninth of 10 OTAs takes place at Virginia Mason Athletic Center. This session is closed to the media as well, but once again we’ll be on hand to bring you a look at what’s going on from the team’s second to last day of OTAs.
Thursday, June 6:
- The final day of OTAs takes place at Virginia Mason Athletic Center. Like Monday’s go-around, this workout is also open to the media. We’ll have a full OTA-wrap-up for you here on Seahawks.com and blanketed across our social media channels.
- The NFL Network’s countdown of the Top 100 Players of 2013 continues at 5 p.m. PT with players ranked No. 31-40. Will a sixth Seahawk join the likes of Richard Sherman (No. 50), Russell Wilson (No. 51), Earl Thomas (No. 66), Percy Harvin (No. 90) and Max Unger (No. 95)? All-Pro/Pro Bowl running back Marshawn Lynch and Pro Bowl left tackle Russell Okung come to mind, but we’ll have to wait and see.
Friday, June 7:
- No team activities are scheduled, but it’s Seahawks Blue Friday. Wear your Seahawks-themed gear to school, work, or wherever you may be.
- Don’t have any gear, or need something new? Friday also marks the grand re-opening of the expanded Seahawks Pro Shop at CenturyLink Field, which may feature a player appearance, or two (look for specifics next week here on Seahawks.com). All in all, it sounds like a great day to head down to the field and grab yourself some fresh garb.
Tags: Earl Thomas, Is it football season yet?, Max Unger, Percy Harvin, Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson
Posted in Team | 3 Comments »