Even though Carolina is 2,200 miles away from Seattle, several Seahawks have ties with the Panthers or the two states they represent. Check out the connections:
- Offensive tackle Sean Locklear was raised in Lumberton, N.C., and attended North Carolina State.
- Linebacker Aaron Curry grew up in Fayetteville, N.C., and went to school at Wake Forest in Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Defensive lineman Kentwan Balmer was raised in Weldon, N.C., and attended North Carolina.
- Quarterback Charlie Whitehurst went to Clemson in South Carolina.
- Assistant director of pro personnel Trent Kirchner spent eight seasons (2002-09) as a pro scout with the Panthers before coming to Seattle this offseason.