Virginia Mason Athletic Center is settling in for its calmest day of the week today.
The action around Seahawks headquarters slows down significantly today, as the players receive the day off from meetings, workouts and practices. The weekly one-day break gives players a chance to rest, recover and get away from football so they can come back on Wednesday rejuvenated for Sunday’s game.
Coaches, on the other hand, take advantage of an uninterrupted day to work on the game plan and watch film. Tuesdays are traditionally the heaviest planning days of the week for the staff.
After the day off, the team will gather for meetings beginning at 8 a.m. on Wednesday to officially commence Chargers game week. Here’s a look at the team’s schedule for the week:
- Tuesday • Players off
- Wednesday • Morning meetings and walk-thru; practice at 1:30 p.m.
- Thursday • Morning meetings and walk-thru; practice at 1:30 p.m.
- Friday • Morning meetings and walk-thru; practice at 11:30 a.m.
- Saturday • Morning meetings and walk-thru; night meetings at team hotel
- Sunday • Game day (kickoff at 1:15 p.m.; televised on CBS)