Three times this fall, the Seahawks will play in the Bay Area, once today in the preseason and then twice during the regular season.
The plethora of trips to northern California is welcome news for 13 Seahawks, who will have homecoming three times over this season.
Six players and seven staffers have Bay Area ties, making this week’s trip — and the two more coming up in the regular season — very special ones for a hearty part of the Seahawks. Take a look at all of the Seahawks’ Bay Area connections:
- Tailback Justin Forsett, defensive tackle Brandon Mebane, offensive guard Mike Gibson and tight end Cameron Morrah attended Cal
- Defensive tackle Amon Gordon attended Stanford
- Tailback Louis Rankin grew up in Stockton, Calif.
- Offensive guard Mike Gibson grew up in Napa, Calif.
- Coach Pete Carroll grew up in Marin County, attended University of the Pacific in Stockton, Calif., and coached for the 49ers
- Special teams coordinator Brian Schneider coached two seasons for the Raiders
- Linebackers coach Ken Norton Jr. played seven seasons for the 49ers
- Special teams assistant Jeff Ulbrich played 10 seasons for the 49ers
- Assistant defensive backs coach Kris Richard played one season for the 49ers
- Tight ends coach Pat McPherson grew up in the Bay Area and played college football at Santa Clara
- Football operations coordinator Matt Capurro worked 11 seasons for the Raiders