Here are the highlights from Tuesday’s workout in Virginia Mason Athletic Center’s indoor practice facility:
- In the weekly turnover-themed practice, cornerback Roy Lewis stepped in front of an errant pass and recorded an interception during 7-on-7 period, giving the defense the practice victory.
- On three consecutive goal-line plays, the top three tailbacks all scored on short runs — Julius Jones rumbled up the middle before falling into the end zone, Justin Forsett took a pitch and cut back to find a hole and Leon Washington hurtled up the middle through a gaping hole. All three touchdown plays were made possible by a dominating effort from the offensive line.
- During team period, J.P. Losman launched a pretty deep pass to T.J. Houshmandzadeh, who made a great play on the ball to snag it down the right sideline.
- Charlie Whitehurst connected with wideout Ben Obomanu on a deep rainbow pass during 7-on-7 drills.
- Tailback Leon Washington juked his way through the line and into open space for a nice gain during team period.
- On the final play of the day, tailback Louis Rankin ran for a short touchdown to cap off the practice.