Here are the highlights from Thursday’s practice at Virginia Mason Athletic Center:
- Hands down, the play of the day went to defensive tackle Quinn Pitcock, who made an incredible interception on the final snap of the day. Pitcock, a 6-2, 299-pound lineman, rumbled out to cover a screen play, tipped the pass up in the air, bobbled the ball several times while spinning around and then finally hauled it in while falling to the ground. His teammates were amazed and erupted in cheers.
- Running back Leon Washington turned in several slicing runs for big gains, including a few touchdowns in red zone drills.
- On consecutive plays during team period, Matt Hasselbeck hit tight end John Carlson and wideout T.J. Houshmandzadeh with perfect throws in the end zone.
- During an 11-on-11 red zone period, Charlie Whitehurst found a hole between the cornerback and safety to connect with wideout Kole Heckendorf in the end zone for a spectacular touchdown pass.
- Tight end Anthony McCoy caught a short touchdown pass from Matt Hasselbeck in team period.