Here are the highlights from Wednesday’s practice at Virginia Mason Athletic Center:
- Cornerback Marcus Trufant logged an impeccable performance on Wednesday, recording two interceptions and several pass breakups. His first pick came on a diving play over the middle, and he followed it by immediately hopping up and returning it untouched toward the end zone. His second interception happened on the final play of the day when he stepped in front of a Charlie Whitehurst pass at the goal line and could have taken it back 100 yards if the coaches didn’t signal the end of the workout as he returned the pick.
- Safety Jordan Babineaux, in one-on-one pass coverage, tipped a bullet pass to himself to snag an interception while twisting around before sprinting toward the end zone for a lengthy return.
- Tailback Julius Jones was barely touched as he shot through the line and secondary en route to a long run off tackle during team period.
- On a deep ball during team period, cornerback Kelly Jennings dove to break up the pass in stellar fashion.
- Tight end Nick Tow-Arnett made a fantastic over-the-shoulder one-handed catch on a ball thrown downfield over the middle.
- During 7-on-7 drills, cornerback Kennard Cox turned in a great play to knock the pass out of wideout Golden Tate’s hands and break up what would have been an excellent catch.
- Tight end Chris Baker caught a touchdown pass during red zone drills.