Here are the highlights from a brief practice on Monday afternoon at Virginia Mason Athletic Center:
- On a play that seemed destined for a simple check-down pass, cornerback Walter Thurmond laid out in the left flat to make a diving interception before hopping up and running toward his end zone.
- Near the end of 11-on-11 work, safety Kam Chancellor athletically snagged an interception off a tipped pass downfield before returning it several yards.
- During team period, Charlie Whitehurst made an impressive throw over a cornerback and under a safety to complete a long pass to wideout Golden Tate along the right sideline.
- Safety Earl Thomas aggressively charged up to break up a pass intended for wideout Mike Williams over the middle, which sent the ball flying away and knocked the receiver off his course.
- On the final play of the day, Matt Hasselbeck flashed his agility by scooting upfield for a nice gain on a designed quarterback sneak.