Here are some highlights from the morning portion of today’s two-a-day at Virginia Mason Athletic Center:
- The play of the day came when wideout Mike Williams and safety Jordan Babineaux went up together for a deep ball down the left sideline. The ball was tipped up in the air and, while falling to the ground and keeping his feet inbounds, Williams pulled it in for the incredible catch.
- During a goal-line drill, tight end John Carlson flashed remarkable quickness in getting open for a short touchdown catch near the front right corner of the end zone.
- Running back Justin Forsett turned in a nifty slicing run up the middle during 11-on-11 period.
- Wideout Kole Heckendorf broke past the secondary and hauled in a 30-yard touchdown on a nice pass from J.P. Losman.
- Losman later hit wideout T.J. Houshmandzadeh in stride overt the middle during team period.
- During a running-focused team drill, linebacker Matt McCoy shot into the backfield and wrapped up the tailback for a significant loss.
- In 7-on-7 period, tight end Anthony McCoy made a tough catch over the middle while getting popped by two defenders.