Here are some highlights from the second half of today’s two-a-day on the opening day of Bing Training Camp 2010:
- The jaw-dropping play of the day came when wideout Golden Tate, falling to the ground and with a cornerback all but draped over him, made a one-handed catch along the right sideline. Well, a one-armed catch would be the better way to describe it, as Tate pinned the bullet pass between his forearm and helmet while diving back to the quarterback for the amazing reception.
- Quarterback Charlie Whitehurst, who took a majority of the snaps as Matt Hasselbeck rested this afternoon, made an impressive throw to Golden Tate when he threaded a pass to the rookie wideout, who was slanting over the middle. Tate snagged the perfectly thrown pass in stride and darted upfield for a big gain.
- Linebacker Aaron Curry delivered a heavy-duty hit to tailback Justin Forsett on a run play up the middle, causing a small fracas between some offensive and defensive players.
- In 7-on-7 drills, cornerback Josh Wilson reeled in an interception off a deflected pass in the left flat.
- During team period, tailback Julius Jones blasted up the middle and bounced off defenders for a nice run.
- Receiver Mike Williams had a couple of noteworthy receptions on balls from quarterback J.P. Losman.
- Wideout Kole Heckendorf produced a nifty diving catch over the middle during team period.