Here are the top plays from Wednesday’s practice during OTA No. 4 of the offseason:
- Another day, another noteworthy performance for receiver Mike Williams. On one play during early-practice 11-on-11 drills, Williams took advantage of his long arms and big body to essentially box out the cornerback and turn in a strong-handed grab along the left sideline. Later, with the cornerback draped over him and tugging on his right arm, the 6-5 wideout made an impressive reception deep down the left sideline.
- Wideout Golden Tate did what’s becoming normal for him by soaring up to snag a high pass during team drills. But what made this play special was the play of rookie cornerback Marcus Brown, who ripped the ball out of Tate’s hands as the receiver was coming down to the ground and then sprinted downfield for a long interception return.
- On one play during 11-on-11 work, defensive end Chris Clemons had a speedy rush off the edge that allowed him to reach the tailback at the same time as the handoff, resulting in a five-yard loss.
- During 7-on-7 drills, veteran receiver Sean Morey hauled in a perfect deep ball down the middle before simultaneously landing and spinning to avoid the rapidly approaching safety.
- On the final play of the day, Matt Hasselbeck launched a picturesque bomb to tailback Justin Forsett, who was streaking down the left sideline before pulling in the 40-yard pass while falling to the ground.