Check out some highlights from today’s practice on a chilly and breezy afternoon at Virginia Mason Athletic Center:
- Cornerback Chris Richards took advantage of a tipped pass and snagged an interception during team pass period.
- During team pass period, cornerback Marcus Trufant recorded a leaping pass breakup on a deep ball to wideout Mike Williams along the sideline.
- During 7-on-7 drills, linebacker Lofa Tatupu had a powerful strip, springing the ball loose after a short completion.
- Also during 7-on-7 period, rookie safety Kam Chancellor spectacularly broke up a deep pass that was in wideout Golden Tate’s hands.
- Wideout Deon Butler had a snazzy baseball slide for a reception before hopping up for more yards after the catch in 11-on-11 work.
- Matt Hasselbeck connected with receiver Michael Jones in stride for a beautiful touchdown-scoring deep ball.
- Later in team period, Hasselback followed it up with an excellent pass to hit tight end John Carlson, who was soaring across the field.
- The play of the day? Well, that depends on what the tape review determines. On a route during team period, Mike Williams leaped up for the catch, only to have it knocked out of his grasp by cornerback Kelly Jennings. Miraculously, though, Williams regrouped to haul it in while falling down to the ground. He landed on the sideline, so the coaches will look to the film to determine whether he was in-bounds or not.