In case you missed last week’s edition of “Is it football season yet?” I’ll quickly fill you in on what we’re out to accomplish with these weekly blog entries.
Last Friday marked 100 days from the Seahawks’ September 8 regular season kickoff against the Carolina Panthers at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, N.C. To help the days and weeks prior to that date move along a little quicker, I’m here to deliver you all of the Seahawks happenings for the week to come. From team activities to community events and from player birthdays to national holidays, think of this as your one-stop-online-shop for keeping in touch with all of the Seahawks’ offseason activities.
We’re now just 93 days away from the 2013 regular season, but before we dive into the schedule for next week, we’ll touch on some events to keep an eye on tonight, when a pair of Russell Wilson sightings will take place around Seattle’s SoDo district.
Wilson, joined by Seahawks president Peter McLoughlin, will first take part in the ribbon cutting ceremony for the grand re-opening of the Seahawks Pro Shop at CenturyLink Field. Following that event, Wilson will march a half-mile south along Occidental Avenue to Safeco Field, where he will toss out the ceremonial first pitch prior to the Seattle Mariners game against the New York Yankees.
Here’s a quick look at some of Wilson’s pre-first-pitch preparation, courtesy of strong safety Kam Chancellor:
Now, here’s what’s going on next week, June 9-15, with your Seattle Seahawks:
Sunday, June 9:
- No team activities are scheduled, but the Seahawks Pro Shop grand re-opening festivities continue, as Sea Gals Alicia and Hannah stop by the stadium location from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Seahawks Blue Thunder will also be on hand, entertaining from 11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Monday, June 10
- Week No. 9 of the team’s Offseason Program begins at VMAC. Players will report to the team facility for physicals.
Tuesday, June 11:
- The club’s mandatory three-day minicamp begins. The team is currently scheduled to practice from 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Coaches and players will be available to the media following the day’s session.
Wednesday, June 12:
- The club’s mandatory three-day minicamp continues. The team is currently scheduled to practice from 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Coaches and players will be available to the media following the day’s session.
- Seahawks strong safety Jeron Johnson celebrates his 25th birthday. Send some birthday wishes his way on Twitter @Jus_Showoff
Thursday, June 13:
- The club’s mandatory three-day minicamp concludes. The team is currently scheduled to practice from 11:30 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. Coaches and players will be available to the media following the day’s session.
Friday, June 14:
- The team’s Offseason Program officially wraps up and the break for veteran players begins. The rookies will report for workouts the following week.
- Holiday: Flag Day – the day calls for a celebration of the adoption of the flag of the United States, but who says you can’t proudly fly your 12th Man flags alongside our nation’s colors? We do it every day here at VMAC.
Saturday, June 15:
- Seahawks All-Pro Varsity Skills Camp for youth ages 9-14 will take place at VMAC. Participants will work with trained coaches on both offensive and defensive drills and wide receiver Doug Baldwin will be in attendance. Spots are still available for the camp’s second session, set to run from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. You can register here.
Seahawks merchandise at 80 and 90 percent off?
It’s happening this weekend at the Pro Shop at CenturyLink Field. Items with the team’s old logo are on sale today at an 80-percent reduction, and those items will be 90 percent off on Sunday.
For additional details on the sidewalk sale, click here.