FOLLOW | #12Tour Tagboard
Today, on a beautiful Seahawks Blue Friday in Seattle, it’s all about the number 12.
Unfortunately, I’m not talking about the number of days remaining until the Seahawks kickoff the 2013 regular season on the road against the Carolina Panthers – there’s still 58 of those. Nor am I talking about the number of days remaining until the team’s first preseason game on the road against the San Diego Chargers – there’s still 27 of those. And as close as we are, I’m not even talking about the number of days remaining until the club’s first training camp practice – there’s still 13 of those.
What I am talking about is today’s date – July 12 – and how it coincides with the continuation of the Seahawks 12 Tour in Vancouver, B.C., how it falls one day after the release of our “Spirit of 12″ 12th Man-oriented section of Seahawks.com, as well as one day after Russell Wilson came in at No. 12 on ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski’s rankings of the League’s 32 quarterbacks. Really, the number 12 is everywhere, or perhaps we’re just really quick – and at times obsessively compulsive – to point it out.
All right, that’s enough 12ing (for now). Let’s get down to what’s in store for the week ahead with your Seattle Seahawks, as together we inch closer and closer to answering the all-too-often-uttered question: Is it football season yet?
Sunday, July 14:
- 12 Tour Vancouver, B.C. rolls along with a family festival at West Vancouver’s Ambleside Park from 9:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Events include a Gatorade Junior Training Camp, a flag football tournament, a Q&A session with defensive end Red Bryant and wide receiver Doug Baldwin, live entertainment, and more
- 12 Tour Yakima – a one day Gatorade Junior Training Camp event
- Cornerback Jeremy Lane celebrates his 23rd birthday. Send your well wishes to Lane on Twitter @StayingInMyLane
- Russell Wilson’s Passing Academy tour wraps up at the University of Washington
Monday, July 15:
- 12 Tour Victoria, B.C. – a one day trip featuring wide receiver Doug Baldwin, who will sign autographs from 4-6 p.m. at Jersey City – Mayfair Centre and who will follow that up with an appearance at a season-preview party at 7:30 p.m. at Victoria’s Strathcona Hotel
- ProFootballTalk.com will unveil players ranked No. 50-26 on their Top 100 Players countdown
Tuesday, July 16:
- There’s not too many Seahawks-related activities going on, but this nugget of knowledge might come in handy for your Tuesday night trivia session: On this date in 1968, Pro Football Hall of Fame running back Barry Sanders is born. Sanders will celebrate his 45th birthday.
Wednesday, July 17:
- Former Seahawks fullback Mack Strong hosts his sixth annual TEAM-WORKS charity golf tournament
Thursday, July 18:
- The 12 Tour ramps back up again, this time making it’s way to the Tri-Cities (Kennewick, Wash.), where cornerbacks Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman will host a Seahawks fan forum at 6 p.m. at Kennewick’s “The Pub” on Clearwater Ave.
Friday, July 19:
- 12 Tour Tri-Cities turns into 12 Tour Vancouver, WA as the crew travels southwest across the state
Saturday, July 20:
- 12 Tour Vancouver, WA – Cornerbacks Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman will host a Seahawks fan forum at Vancouver’s “Big Al’s” on SE 18th St.