Whether you spent our nation’s 237th birthday flinging off fireworks, manning the meat on your grill, stuffing yourself full of too much potato salad, or sucking down your favorite American brew, I sincerely hope that everyone had a very happy and very safe Independence Day.
But let’s be real. While yesterday did hold special meaning, it’s gone now. And all-in-all, it brought us one day closer to football season. We’re now sitting pretty at just 65 days remaining until the Seahawks kickoff the 2013 regular season on September 8 against the Carolina Panthers at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, N.C.
So, as we do every Friday here at Seahawks.com to help us cope with life without football, here’s a detailed look at what’s going on next week, July 7-13, with your Seattle Seahawks:
Sunday, July 7:
- Cornerback Richard Sherman is set to host his celebrity softball game for charity at Tacoma’s Cheney Stadium. Seahawks.com will be there bringing you video and social media coverage from the event and you can view a complete list of players and celebs attending here.
Monday, July 8:
- Quarterback Russell Wilson’s Passing Academy finally makes it’s way to the state of Washington, stopping in Spokane for a two-day camp.
- Seahawks.com’s Clare Farnsworth continues his 2013 positional preview series with a look at the club’s defensive backs. You can check out past features from Farnsworth here.
Tuesday, July 9:
- The Seahawks 12 Tour officially kicks off with a visit to Anchorage, Alaska. Seahawks Vice President of Community Relations & Special Projects Mike Flood leads the charge along with kicker Steven Hauschka and long snapper Clint Gresham.
- Defensive end Greg Scruggs starts day one of his four-day youth football camp in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Day two of Wilson’s Passing Academy continues in Spokane, Wash.
- Farnsworth’s 2013 preview series wraps up, as he highlights the team’s special teams unit.
Wednesday, July 10:
- 12 Tour Alaska continues. From 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. our crew will take part in Camp Shriver Alaska at the Anchorage Dome – a Special Olympics Alaska event that provides sports training for high school and middle school students.
- Day two of Scruggs’ youth camp continues in Colorado Springs, Colo.
Thursday, July 11:
- A second-leg of the 12 Tour ramps up – this one in Bellingham, Wash. featuring wide receiver Doug Baldwin and defensive end Red Bryant. Baldwin and Bryant will start the day with an autograph session at 11 a.m. at the Outlet Shoppes at Burlington. At 5 p.m., the wideout-D-line duo will join Seahawks digital media host Tony Ventrella at Bellingham’s Lakeway Inn for a fan forum event.
- 12 Tour Alaska hosts a Play 60 challenge from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at Alaska’s AT&T Sports Center.
- Day three of Scruggs’ youth camp continues in Colorado Springs, Colo.
Friday, July 12:
- The 12 Tour moves from Bellingham, Wash. to Vancouver, B.C., as Baldwin and Bryant are joined by Sherman north of the border. Click here for a detailed day-by-day rundown of the weekend’s events in BC.
- Scruggs’ youth camp finishes up in Colorado Springs, Colo.
Saturday, July 13:
- Running back Marshawn Lynch’s 7th annual Fam 1st Family Football Camp takes place in Oakland, Calif.
- Wilson’s Passing Academy travels west, landing at the University of Washington for Wilson’s final passing camp of the offseason.