Seahawks All-Pro cornerback Richard Sherman celebrates his 25th birthday today, which also happens to be his jersey number. As such, we’re celebrating with him by recognizing “25 Things to Love” about the Stanford graduate who has totaled 119 tackles, 41 passes defensed, 12 picks, four forced fumbles and a sack in just two seasons with the club.
Without further ado, let’s get to the list…
25 Things To Love About No. 25
25. He was a fifth-round draft pick, and now he’s out to prove his doubters wrong:
24. He’s part of a Legion. A Legion of Boom.
23. His new teammate, Percy Harvin, can’t wait to match up against him in practice.
“It’s going to be the best thing in the world from a competition standpoint,” Harvin said at his introductory press conference.
22. He happily welcomes the competition:
21. He’s constantly engaging his fans and followers on Twitter:
20. He’s all about inspiring and empowering our nation’s youth:
19. He recorded an interception and three passes defensed in his first NFL start:
18. He changed his Twitter display name to “Optimus Prime” prior to a 2012 matchup against the Lions’ Calvin Johnson, a.k.a. “Megatron”:
17. He started as just another kid straight ‘outta Compton:
16. He wanted to prove that a kid from Compton could not only get into Stanford, but also graduate… and play football:
15. He’s making sure to give back to that community from which he came:
14. His mom and dad, who proudly sport this truck in Compton, California:
13. His mom, again, who joined the Seahawks rally prior to their divisional round playoff game in Atlanta.
“It’s amazing. I’m extremely proud of my son. I can’t tell you enough how proud I am of my son and this phenomenal team and the 12th Man.” – Beverly Sherman
12. He’s not one to shy away from the camera:
11. He transitioned from wide receiver to cornerback prior to his senior season at Stanford:
10. He was named All-Pro in 2012, despite not being selected for the Pro Bowl:
9. He’s an exquisite dancer:
8. He stays in touch with some of Seattle’s best:
7. Bow ties.
6. He gave us an inside look at Seahawks Training Camp 2012:
5. He’s a man of the people:
4. He has a knack for being in the right place at the right time:
3. That led to this:
2. He appreciates the 12th Man:
And the number one thing to love about No. 25?
1. He’s not afraid to speak his mind: