Here are the highlights from Tuesday’s practice at Virginia Mason Athletic Center:
- During team period, tailback Leon Washington turned in a slicing run up the middle before breaking out to the right without getting touched. Later in the same period, he had another long run thanks to an excellent juke on the safety.
- Wideout T.J. Houshmandzadeh had a very productive day, catching two touchdowns in 11-on-11 red zone drills and then numerous passes all over the field during 7-on-7 period.
- During goal line team drills, running back Julius Jones sprung up the middle, made a shifty move and then had a powerful finish while being tackled before landing in the end zone for the touchdown.
- Linebacker David Hawthorne levied a stonewall hit on Julius Jones right on the goal line during red zone work, preventing the touchdown.
- Wideout Golden Tate had the catch of the day when he soared up over the middle, extended his left arm, snared the ball with his palm and pulled it down and into his body, drawing a rousing applause from the fans.
- Kevin Ellison, Jamar Adams and Ricky Foley each had an interception during the practice.
- Cornerback Marcus Trufant produced an athletic pass breakup on a deep ball down the right sideline in team period.
- During team drills, Matt Hasselbeck launched a picturesque fade to wideout Deon Butler, who pulled it in along the right side of the end zone.
- While getting popped from both the front and back, receiver Deion Branch made a great catch over the middle during a simulated two-minute drill.