Wednesday’s workout in the indoor practice facility featured a bevy of big-time plays. Check them out:
- Wideout Deon Butler had a huge day, catching at least a half-dozen noteworthy balls. Matt Hasselbeck was the benefactor of two of the more impressive receptions, one being a perfectly lofted 25-yard touchdown pass in the back of the end zone and the other being a soft touch pass to the speedy receiver, who screamed upfield for a 43-yard score.
- On one play during team period, defensive lineman Brandon Mebane busted through the line, grabbed a hold of the quarterback’s bicep with one hand and knocked the ball loose on the handoff with his other hand. Defensive end Chris Clemons scooped up the fumble and rumbled free for a touchdown.
- On a deep ball during 7-on-7 period, cornerback Kelly Jennings came out of nowhere to break up the pass intended for Mike Williams.
- Also in 7-on-7 drills, tight end Chris Baker turned in an acrobatic catch in the end zone against strong coverage.
- The practice facility turned into a pinball machine on one play during team period, as four players touched a short completion. On the wild sequence, a defensive lineman tipped a short pass at the line, the ball went through the hands of a defensive back and then the double-deflected pass landed in the grasp of wideout Kole Heckendorf.
- Quarterback J.P. Losman, in his first significant action since being signed last week, completed a beautiful bomb to wideout Victor James deep downfield.